The Petersburg Respect Life ministry promotes the dignity of life at every stage through prayer, education, and outreach.
Our meetings are held every first Thursday of the month (with the exception of June & July), in the Immaculate Conception Church basement, at 7:00 p.m.
- Each year, in the fall, we organize 40 Hours of Prayer—including a Wednesday evening where the CCD classes gather to pray a pro-life rosary–in conjunction with the 40 Days for Life.
- We also organize pro-life rosaries to be prayed before each Mass one weekend in January & one in October.
- We host public speaker events. Past speakers include abortion survivor Gianna Jessen. We also invite speakers to our meetings to share information about dignity of life issues such as human trafficking & euthanasia.
- With an Archdiocesan Respect Life grant, we purchased brochures & display racks containing Respect Life information for all our churches.
- We carry on the tradition of making sugar waffles as a means of raising funds & bringing public awareness to our ministry.
- Our ministry supports the Women’s Center in Sidney with parishioner donations of Baby Boutique items, and the Family Life Center of Auglaize County with Bottles of Blessing. We also promote the Shelby and Auglaize County Right to Life groups.
All parishioners are welcome to attend our meetings! For more information, please contact the parish office or visit the Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s Respect Life page by clicking here.
Ministries for Women, Children, and Families
We are called to defend the dignity of life and promote a culture of virtue while caring for women, the unborn, and families.
Hope & Healing after an Abortion: Project Rachel
Project Rachel is a confidential post-abortive ministry in the Catholic Church that serves those who have been affected by abortion. The Project Rachel Ministry helps women and men journey to hope and healing by discovering God’s love and grace through a network of spiritual counselors, advocates, and peer-to-peer ministry. Women and men who have carried guilt and shame for years can find mercy through reconciliation and spiritual direction. (source: projectrachelohio.org)
The Lord and His Church stand with arms lovingly open to those who have been affected by abortion. Learn more at Project Rachel Ohio’s website.
Archdiocesan Services to Women & Families
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati provides compassionate services to those facing difficult situations, including assistance to families and children, pregnant women, and practical, emotional, and spiritual support to those carrying heavy burdens. Learn more at the Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s website.