The Petersburg Respect Life ministry promotes the dignity of life at every stage through prayer, education, and outreach.
Our meetings are held every first Thursday of the month (with the exception of June & July), in the Immaculate Conception Church basement, at 7:00 p.m.
- Each year, in the fall, we organize 40 Hours of Prayer—including a Wednesday evening where the CCD classes gather to pray a pro-life rosary–in conjunction with the 40 Days for Life.
- We also organize pro-life rosaries to be prayed before each Mass one weekend in January & one in October.
- We participate in the Priests for Life National Night of Prayer for Life on the Solemnity of Immaculate Conception.
- We host public speaker events. Past speakers include abortion survivor Gianna Jessen. We also invite speakers to our meetings to share information about dignity of life issues such as human trafficking & euthanasia.
- With an Archdiocesan Respect Life grant, we purchased brochures & display racks containing Respect Life information for all the Petersburg churches.
- We carry on the tradition of making sugar waffles at the Botkins Carousel as a means of raising funds & bringing public awareness to our ministry.
- Our ministry also supports the Women’s Center in Sidney with parishioner donations of Baby Boutique items, & we promote the Shelby and Auglaize County Right to Life groups.
All parishioners are welcome to attend our meetings! For more information, please contact the parish office or visit the Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s Respect Life page by clicking here.